Definition of Web Hosting Plans
A web hosting solution entails hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting vendor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's take a glance at these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a web page, mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a given span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud web hosting". This is a completely inaccurate interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud web hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between autonomous packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud web hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share an enormous number of pictures with mates or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your mail aliases. Some distributors offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you desire to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the email web hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain name. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to administer as many videos as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At you can take a glimpse at shared web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limitations based on the sort of web hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content only.